The 17th International Conference of the Association for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe (AAATE) will take place in Paris, from August 30st to September 1st, 2023, with 28th and 29th August as pre conference dates. The conference will be hosted by University Paris 8-Vincennes-Saint-Denis at the “Centre de Colloques” of Campus Condorcet, supported by IFRATH (French Federative Institute for Research on Assistive Technologies).
We invite researchers, experts, practitioners, manufacturers, Assistive Technology (AT) users, policy makers, and providers of AT and accessibility, as well as everyone else working in this field, to contribute and participate.
The conference will address a wide range of issues related to technology and disability: technological developments in the field of Assistive Technology, accessibility and universal design, including ambient assisted living (AAL), smart environments and the Internet of Things (IoT) applications, assistive robotics, digital and connected health, virtual and augmented reality, as well as the ethical implications of these new possibilities, data privacy and self-determination of users with disabilities and older people; innovations in AT for cognitive, sensory and motor disabilities; the impact of societal changes that make AT ever more relevant and needed; issues related to AT and education, employment, service delivery, political participation; policy making in all those fields; and the need to provide wider access to AT at global scale.
The AAATE International Conference offers different ways of getting involved :
- Submit and Chair a Special Thematic Session (STS) on a specific subject or domain. Contributions will be reviewed in the same way as any submission.
- Submit an abstract for oral presentation. All accepted abstracts will be published electronically in the Book of Abstracts.
- Submit an abstract for oral presentation and a paper to be published in the proceedings (all abstracts will be published in the Book of Abstracts). The book of proceedings will be published by IOS Press in the Studies in Health Technology and Informatics series (HTI).
- Propose and organise an Educational Session (1 hour session with specific learning outcomes).
- Propose and organise a Policy Session.
- Propose the presentation of an innovative product, prototype, service or project for the innovation area.
- Attend and participate in sessions: ask questions during sessions, meet and discuss with experts of the fields.
The AAATE conference is a great opportunity to get a broad as well as in-depth picture of new developments, research outcomes and impacts in Assistive Technology and accessibility. It is the platform for researchers, practitioners, expert AT users and other stakeholders to share their work and present in front of an international expert community. It is a 3 day master class for professionals working with AT to learn about the newest trends in both solutions and service delivery. It is also an opportunity for a wide discussion on AT, involving researchers, developers, manufacturers, practitioners, AT users and policy makers working together such that the field continues to evolve and in fact contributes to enhancing the lives of persons with disabilities. The AAATE conference is the place to be and connect with peers for everyone working or interested in the field of AT and accessibility.
Please visit each category of contribution (oral contribution, scientific paper, educational sessions, etc.) for submission instructions (in the contribute menu).